Applying for a postgraduate degree
In the first instance please contact the member of staff whose research interests are most closely allied to your own.
He or she will then discuss potential research ideas with you and depending on funding then they may be prepared to
act as your supervisor. Following agreement with a potential supervisor, a formal application to register must be made
through Graduate Studies. Please read the
application procedures. Funded research student ships are widely
advertized in the press and also via the Graduate Studies Office
website.  Opportunities exist for both full time and
part-time in-service degrees.
A wide range of Continuing Professional Development Courses (CPD) are offered by
Professor N.F. Gray. These are usually one-day courses and are a mixture of lectures and
practical sessions. One day courses are all equivalent to 0.5 ECTS while two day courses
are equivalent to 1 ECTS. They are open to all those who hold some relevant third level
qualification or who already have professional experience in the specific area. They also act
as feeder courses to the postgraduate diploma and degree programmes that can be done
either full-time or part-time.

Select below for further information:
  • Sampling freshwaters
  • Activated sludge microbiology
  • Activated sludge settleability
  • Using indices in water quality assessment

If these links are not active then
contact us.
 Water Technology Research Group
 Trinity College Dublin
 1980-2010 thirty years of research, training and consultancy